Topnotch Call
  Helpline - 18002701058 | UG Admissions | PG Admissions | Ph.D Admissions | Register with Us | Tell a Friend  
Home > Studies Abroad > Study in UK > How to work after graduation in UK?

Study in UK

Education System Admission
Required Tests Cost of Education
Accreditation Applying for a visa
Universities - UK Appreciation - UK
How to work after graduation in UK? Application - UK

How to work after graduation in UK?

Post-Study Work

The current Post-Study Work route has closed from April 2012.
Those graduating from a UK university with a recognised degree, PGCE, or PGDE will be able to switch into Tier 2.
There will not be a limit on these switchers.
They will only be able to switch if they are in the UK, before their student visa expires.
The normal Tier 2 requirements will apply, except for the Resident Labour Market Test.
We will ensure that genuine student entrepreneurs with a great idea are able to stay on in the UK to develop their business proposition.


The Tier 2 (General) category is for foreign nationals who have a skilled job offer to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker.

Before you apply under Tier 2 (General), you must have:

  1. a sponsor; and
  2. a valid certificate of sponsorship.

When you apply, you are awarded points based on your:

  1. Salary and allowances;
  2. Sponsorship;
  3. English language skills; and
  4. Available maintenance (funds).

You will be able to live and work here for a maximum of 3 years plus 1 month under the Tier 2 category, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter. This period must begin no more than 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship.

Request More Information

Topnotch offers exciting, unrivalled services. For information on our various services, contact our Counselor on phone nos. +91-984818824 , +91-9666655089 , +91-8885331212 , +91-8885331313 , +91-8885331414 on all working days between 10 AM and 8 PM (IST). or, email us at with your full details, for more information.

newzealand education Qualified Education Agent Counselor ICEF Agency AAAOE nafsa ICEF Agency